HBF is Australia’s fifth largest private health insurance provider, and the largest in WA. As a not-for-profit health insurer with no shareholders, our focus is solely on delivering greater benefits and the best experience possible for members.
While WA remains home to its core business and operations, HBF is undertaking a significant strategic transformation program that involves national growth, business expansion and significant enhancements to technology capability.
Our reputation is built on strong customer service, community responsiveness and a determination to deliver for our members in the moments that matter.
An Exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Cyber Security Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis due to new growth within the team as work ramps up to cater for the future of HBF.
Working closely with the Cyber Security Delivery Team and being embedded in the Cyber Security Threat Response Team, your role will be varied and challenging!
You will be supporting the development and continual capability of HBF’s Cyber Security Engineering function while assisting with broader monitoring and response technologies & processes.
Your function and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Group to embed and maintain a Cyber Security Engineering function;
- Engineering, operating and enhancing SIEM, Data Loss Prevention solutions, and data collection and analysis systems;
- Plan, engineer and deploy network logging and analysis technologies and identify opportunities to develop automation solutions;
- Conducting troubleshooting activities on Cyber Security Tools which are maintained by HBF’s Cyber Security Team;
- Sourcing, designing and on-boarding new Cyber Security tools. Including performing Proof of Concepts;
- Operate in both an on-premises and cloud-based environment;
Building and maintaining business relationships with various stakeholders through excellent communication & stakeholder management skills.
How to Apply
To apply, please click on the "Apply for this job" button and send through a copy of your recent CV along with a covering letter outlining why your skill and experience meet the requirements of this role.
Members are our reason
We do the right thing
We are brave
We work as one
• Discounted private health, and general insurance products
• 13 days personal leave per year
• Career development opportunities
• Generous salary packaging options
• Access to corporate discounts across a range of retail, restaurants and hotels
Applications close midnight, Wednesday September 23, 2020. HBF reserves the right to close the role and commence shortlisting prior to the advertised close date.
Our recruitment and selection process include a variety of assessment methods that may encompass psychometric assessments, reference checks and verification of working rights in Australia. Preferred candidates will be required to return a satisfactory National Police Clearance prior to an offer of employment being extended.
At HBF, we don’t just accept difference we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. HBF is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Recruitment agencies, please note that all HBF vacancies are managed by our internal Recruitment team. Should external assistance be required we will engage our panel of providers. Unsolicited agency applications will be returned without review.