HBF is Australia’s fifth largest private health insurance provider, and the largest in WA. As a not-for-profit health insurer with no shareholders, our focus is solely on delivering greater benefits and the best experience possible for members.
While WA remains home to its core business and operations, HBF is undertaking a significant strategic transformation program that involves national growth, business expansion and significant enhancements to technology capability.
Our reputation is built on strong customer service, community responsiveness and a determination to deliver for our members in the moments that matter.
The newly created role of Privacy Analyst will provide support to the Privacy Officer and advise on privacy matters for HBF operations. The role provides an amazing opportunity for an individual who is looking to develop skills and experience in Privacy, a growing area in which skills are in demand across Western Australia. The role focuses on building trust, enhancing privacy management practices and upholding the privacy obligations of HBF.
HBF is looking for a dynamic individual who will play a crucial role in role-modelling and fostering a culture of privacy within the business, the implementation and supporting the governance of an organisation-wide privacy program ensuring compliance with Australian privacy regulations. In doing so, the Privacy Analyst will be an advocate for the privacy rights of HBF customers.
- Previous experience in information governance, compliance and/or risk management with a sound understanding of privacy and associated regulations
- Ability to demonstrate independence and to challenge the business on decisions and processes regarding privacy
- Well-developed communication skills (written, verbal and listening) with demonstrated negotiating / influencing and analytical skills
- Sound strategic and tactical understanding of handling current policy issues
- Experience in data protection and privacy practices is highly regarded
- Strong attention to detail
How to Apply
To apply, please click on the "Apply for this job" button and send through a copy of your recent CV along with a covering letter outlining why your skill and experience meet the requirements of this role.
Members are our reason
We do the right thing
We are brave
We work as one
• Discounted private health, and general insurance products
• 13 days personal leave per year
• Career development opportunities
• Generous salary packaging options
• Access to corporate discounts across a range of retail, restaurants and hotels
Applications close midnight, 30th September 2020. HBF reserves the right to close the role and commence shortlisting prior to the advertised close date.
Our recruitment and selection process include a variety of assessment methods that may encompass psychometric assessments, reference checks and verification of working rights in Australia. Preferred candidates will be required to return a satisfactory National Police Clearance prior to an offer of employment being extended.
At HBF, we don’t just accept difference we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. HBF is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Recruitment agencies, please note that all HBF vacancies are managed by our internal Recruitment team. Should external assistance be required we will engage our panel of providers. Unsolicited agency applications will be returned without review.