HBF is Australia’s fifth largest private health insurance provider, and the largest in WA. As a not-for-profit health insurer with no shareholders, our focus is solely on delivering greater benefits and the best experience possible for members.
While WA remains home to its core business and operations, HBF is undertaking a significant strategic transformation program that involves national growth, business expansion and significant enhancements to technology capability.
Our reputation is built on strong customer service, community responsiveness and a determination to deliver for our members in the moments that matter.
Due to rapid growth through HBF’s Transformational Division a new position has been created for an experienced Release Manager to join the team on a Permanent basis. This role will be reporting to the Head of Solutions. The Release Manager will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. You’ll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
You will have a strong and dedicated background with scheduling, coordinating, risks and management across various delivery streams. Ability to manage the progress of software release updates from development to production. This will involve the planning, governance, risk assessment of multiple delivery pipelines and the integration of all the releases prior to user acceptance, performance and pre-production testing. Production deployment, training and post deployment support will be part of the overall delivery overseen by the Release Manager
This role will consist of the following duties;
- Forward planning of release windows and the overall release Lifecycle
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Communicating to all key project plans, commitments and changes including requirements
- Manage relationships and coordinate projects between different teams
- Pro Active delivery with CI/CD processes
- Support various work methodologies, Waterfall / Agile
- Improve productivity by establishing standard release processes and tooling
- Working with the DevOps team to deliver services on time
- Communicate releases to IT, affected business representatives, clients (where appropriate) and other IT partners
- Strong background with Release Management contemporary practise is essential for this role
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and align business goals and challenges
How to Apply
To apply, please click on the "Apply for this job" button and send through a copy of your recent CV along with a covering letter outlining why your skill and experience meet the requirements of this role.
Members are our reason
We do the right thing
We are brave
We work as one
• Discounted private health, and general insurance products
• 13 days personal leave per year
• Career development opportunities
• Generous salary packaging options
• Access to corporate discounts across a range of retail, restaurants and hotels
Applications close midnight, Thursday 25th of November 2020. HBF reserves the right to close the role and commence shortlisting prior to the advertised close date.
Our recruitment and selection process include a variety of assessment methods that may encompass psychometric assessments, reference checks and verification of working rights in Australia. Preferred candidates will be required to return a satisfactory National Police Clearance prior to an offer of employment being extended.
At HBF, we don’t just accept difference we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. HBF is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Recruitment agencies, please note that all HBF vacancies are managed by our internal Recruitment team. Should external assistance be required we will engage our panel of providers. Unsolicited agency applications will be returned without review