HBF is Australia’s fifth largest private health insurance provider, and the largest in WA. As a not-for-profit health insurer with no shareholders, our focus is solely on delivering greater benefits and the best experience possible for members.
While WA remains home to its core business and operations, HBF is undertaking a significant strategic transformation program that involves national growth, business expansion and significant enhancements to technology capability.
Our reputation is built on strong customer service, community responsiveness and a determination to deliver for our members in the moments that matter.
We are currently seeking a naturally curious, entrepreneurial and experienced Principal Actuarial Analyst to join the Commercial stream of HBF’s Actuarial function. Reporting to the Commercial Manager and based out of our modern Kings Square office, this role will be offered as a permanent full-time opportunity. In this role, you will:
- Act as a business partner to deliver actuarial analytical expertise relating to financial and insurance risk management to support HBF’s business decisions
- Provide support to predominately Provider Relations and Clinical functions by analysing underlying claims trends and deriving insights relating to provider behaviours, demographics and product segments
- Support the Commercial Manager in provider contract and funding analysis, innovative funding model development and health initiatives
Our Actuarial function has competitive study assistance and supports on-going professional development within the Actuarial field.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Actuarial Science and/or extensive public practice experience in relevant fields (actuarial / business / commercial analysis)
- Advanced financial modelling skills including dynamic and complex scenario modelling
- Demonstrated experience in using SAS / SQL or similar (coding experience is desirable)
- Strong lateral thinking and proven analytical mindset with the ability to manipulate and analyse complex data from various sources, derive insights and produce compelling presentation materials to support findings
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience in translating technical terms for non-technical stakeholders
- Health Insurance experience desirable
- General research and population experience desirable
- Professional qualifications in one of the following designations desirable: FIAA/AIAA, CA/CPA, CFA or equivalent
How to Apply
To apply, please click on the "Apply for this job" button and send through a copy of your recent CV along with a covering letter outlining why your skill and experience meet the requirements of this role.
Members are our reason
We do the right thing
We are brave
We work as one
Discounted private health, and general insurance products
13 days personal leave per year
Career development opportunities
Generous salary packaging options
Access to corporate discounts across a range of retail, restaurants and hotels
Applications close midnight, 18th December 2020. HBF reserves the right to close the role and commence shortlisting prior to the advertised close date.
Our recruitment and selection process include a variety of assessment methods that may encompass psychometric assessments, reference checks and verification of working rights in Australia. Preferred candidates will be required to return a satisfactory National Police Clearance prior to an offer of employment being extended.
At HBF, we don’t just accept difference we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. HBF is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Recruitment agencies, please note that all HBF vacancies are managed by our internal Recruitment team. Should external assistance be required we will engage our panel of providers. Unsolicited agency applications will be returned without review.